Skip to content
Scroll to Top
- Always store milk kefir grains in a glass container. Do not store them in a metal bowl as the metal would react in a way that would destroy its microorganisms.
- Use 1 parts grains with 20 parts of milk. The milk will provide food for the microorganisms such as the healthy bacteria and yeast in the kefir grains and will keep them activated.
- You should be careful while placing it as it should not fill the top of the jar.
- The best way to store unused kefir is to make more batches of milk kefir. This keeps the kefir activated and the grains healthy.
- If you cannot pour fresh milk in the kefir grains frequently, keep the grains in the refrigerator.